NEA RA Delegate Allocation
Dear P.E.A. members,
Sent via email and posted on our website:
P.E.A. representatives to the National Education Association’s annual Representative Assembly shall be selected during either March or April this year, depending on the number of petitions received.
Petitions for State representatives can be found on the NJEA website.
RULES FOR THE SELECTION OF REPRESENTATIVES ARE AS
- Any full dues-paying P.E.A. member may run for one of the open positions.
- Any member who wishes to attend these days of meetings (July 2 through July 6) in Atlanta, GA, must submit a properly completed petition of self- nomination (the nomination form is posted below).
- Petitions must be submitted not later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Forms must be hand-delivered to the P.E.A. office. (No exceptions)
PLEASE DO NOT USE the District inter-school mail
*** Petitions NOT HAND DELIVERED will NOT BE ACCEPTED. ***
- Some reimbursement of approved expenses will be provided to elected representatives based upon guidelines established by the P.E.A. Delegate Assembly
COMPLETED PETITIONS MUST BE HAND-DELIVERED & RETURNED TO:
Paterson Education Association
445 Straight Street
Paterson, New Jersey 07501
Paterson will be permitted to send nineteen (19) representatives to the meetings this year. Should more than the allocated number of members wish to represent P.E.A., an election will be held in all of the schools. Results will be tabulated, and representatives certified as elected, after the date of the election.
Any additional petition requests or questions can be addressed to P.E.A. Headquarters (973) 881-9445.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS NOTICE IS FOR P.E.A. MEMBERS WHO WISH TO RUN FOR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE POSITIONS … THOSE P.E.A. MEMBERS WHO WISHED TO RUN FOR STATE DELEGATE POSITIONS SHOULD HAVE RETURNED THEIR PETITIONS DIRECTLY TO NJEA.
(Please print the following information below and hand-deliver it back to the P.E.A. Office address above.) This information is also listed on our website for your convenience.