P.E.A. is receiving dozens of calls and emails asking why their health waiver is less than what was paid last year. We are also receiving calls stating that some employees that were expecting the waiver (and were paid for the 1st half), did not receive payment for the second half of the year.
Unfortunately, the P.E.A. does not maintain a list of who received payment, or for how much. If you are seeking that information, please email Lynette Gonzalez at email@example.com.
If you received a payment that was less than what you expected, please send the P.E.A. copies of the below information to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The check that you received in approximately June of 2018 representing the insurance waiver for that year and the same for June of 2019.
- For 17-18 the type of plan that you waived and the level of coverage single, parent-child, etc…
- For 18-19, the type of plan that you waived and the level of coverage, single, p/c, etc…
- A copy of the waiver paperwork that your submitted to HR for this year.
- A copy of the waiver check that you received December 15, 2018.
- Any correspondence that you received from the district stating that you were being denied the waiver payment.
Finally, P.E.A filed a class action grievance related to the District arbitrarily requiring employees to resubmit a waiver application in the middle of the plan year. Based on the information that you provide to us, the P.E.A. will either amend that grievance or file a class action.